Translation of filter in Spanish:
- 1 (Audio, Electronics, Optics, Technology) a coffee filterun filtro para el or de caféExample sentences
- After passing through a filter, the oil and fuel mixture is put into the vehicle's fuel tank to be burned as fuel.
- Despite manufacturer claims, ozone filters don't remove particles from the air, including those that cause most allergies.
- And you have to run the car to make the oil hot before you drain the oil and take the filter off.
- As a serious photography project, this is one time you do not need wide angle lenses, special filters or off camera flash guns.
- Digital cameras can also mount filters, auxiliary lenses and polarizers allowing you to meet any photographic challenge you might come across with.
- A screen on the light box filters out ultraviolet rays.
- Passive components are capacitors, resistors, connectors, filters, inductors, and oscillators.
- Product groups include passive and electromechanical components, capacitors, resistive products, ferrites, fuses, inductors and filters.
- An electronic filter prevents frequencies from reaching the speakers that are not supposed to receive them.
- 2 (British) (Transport) (in traffic lights)flecha (feminine) (que autoriza el giro a derecha o izquierda en algunos semáforos)Example sentences
- Other drivers have shown me of their mastery of the finer computer games by their willingness to travel at speeds outside of the law and by the use of filter lanes to avoid stopping.
- In another country I know well an inexpensive and very efficient system is to use a filter which enables traffic to keep on the move and cuts down on frustration and exhaust fumes which here are pretty bad.
- The Pontiac was travelling north along Bonnet Creek Road in the left-hand filter lane while the Ford van was travelling south on the inside lane, according to police in Florida.
- Several traders suggested introducing a green filter at the traffic lights in Cricklade Road to allow cars to turn right easier.
- Then, curiously, a leftturn filter arrow was installed at the traffic lights, replacing a ‘yield’ sign.
- Good news for motorists - a filter light for traffic existing from Athy Road on to the Main Street is also in the pipeline.
- 1(oil/water/gas/air/light)the system filters out the dust
filtrarel sistema elimina el polvo por un proceso de filtradoExample sentences
- The new one is lighter, can filter unnecessary noise, and is more durable.
- Fish sauce is what you get when you leave anchovies or similar small fish to pickle in brine until nearly dissolved, and then filter the resulting liquid.
- His ears filtered the sounds around him, alerting his mind only when a familiar sound crossed his path.
- 2 (Computing)Example sentences
- Some of you said we're overplaying the privacy concerns involved in trusting ISPs or managed services providers to filter malicious messages from email traffic.
- There's really no good reason to get caught out: simply filtering executable attachments from emails will guard against this virus.
- Of course, users may be tempted to filter all server error messages, but that's not a reliable solution because doing so would also block legitimate mail server error messages.
- 1 1.1 (penetrate)(liquid/gas/light/sound)light filtered in through the shutters
filtrarsela luz se filtraba por entre las persianasit took weeks for the news to filter through to uspasaron semanas antes de que nos llegara la noticiaExample sentences1.2 (move) guests were filtering in/out
los invitados iban llegando/yéndose poco a pocothe refugees filtered back into the countrylos refugiados fueron regresando poco a poco al país
- With a sigh she looked up, propping her head on one hand and watching dust motes dance in the rays of sunlight filtering down from above.
- As the morning passed, and the sun rose higher in the sky, dappled rays of sunlight filtered through the dense canopy of the jungle, creating dancing patterns on the floor.
- Only faint rays of sunlight filtered through the thick leaves overhead.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.