Translation of filter in Spanish:
- 1 [Audio] [Electronics/Electrónica] [Optics/Óptica] [Technology/Tecnología] filtro (masculine) a coffee filter un filtro para el or de caféExample sentences
- After passing through a filter, the oil and fuel mixture is put into the vehicle's fuel tank to be burned as fuel.
- Despite manufacturer claims, ozone filters don't remove particles from the air, including those that cause most allergies.
- And you have to run the car to make the oil hot before you drain the oil and take the filter off.
- As a serious photography project, this is one time you do not need wide angle lenses, special filters or off camera flash guns.
- Digital cameras can also mount filters, auxiliary lenses and polarizers allowing you to meet any photographic challenge you might come across with.
- A screen on the light box filters out ultraviolet rays.
- Passive components are capacitors, resistors, connectors, filters, inductors, and oscillators.
- Product groups include passive and electromechanical components, capacitors, resistive products, ferrites, fuses, inductors and filters.
- An electronic filter prevents frequencies from reaching the speakers that are not supposed to receive them.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [Transport/Transporte] (in traffic lights) flecha (feminine) ([ que autoriza el giro a derecha o izquierda en algunos semáforos ])Example sentences
- Other drivers have shown me of their mastery of the finer computer games by their willingness to travel at speeds outside of the law and by the use of filter lanes to avoid stopping.
- In another country I know well an inexpensive and very efficient system is to use a filter which enables traffic to keep on the move and cuts down on frustration and exhaust fumes which here are pretty bad.
- The Pontiac was travelling north along Bonnet Creek Road in the left-hand filter lane while the Ford van was travelling south on the inside lane, according to police in Florida.
- Several traders suggested introducing a green filter at the traffic lights in Cricklade Road to allow cars to turn right easier.
- Then, curiously, a leftturn filter arrow was installed at the traffic lights, replacing a ‘yield’ sign.
- Good news for motorists - a filter light for traffic existing from Athy Road on to the Main Street is also in the pipeline.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 (penetrate) [liquid/gas/light/sound] filtrarse light filtered in through the shutters la luz se filtraba por entre las persianas it took weeks for the news to filter through to us pasaron semanas antes de que nos llegara la noticia 1.2 (move) guests were filtering in/out los invitados iban llegando/yéndose poco a poco the refugees filtered back into the country los refugiados fueron regresando poco a poco al país
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...