- 1 (healthiness) salud (feminine) (physical) fitness (buena) forma (feminine) física, (buen) estado (masculine) físico (before noun/delante del nombre) [test] de estado físico fitness training entrenamiento (masculine)More example sentences
- The aim of exercise is to achieve a beneficial level of fitness and health, physically and mentally.
- The site features a variety of fitness and health tests.
- Physical fitness and health is the main preoccupation of young women today.
- 2 (suitability) aptitud (feminine), capacidad (feminine)More example sentences
- Spotting a leather armchair, he walks around it a few times, as if checking its fitness for the task ahead.
- A dispute arose as to the quality and fitness for purpose of the machines.
- To keep the pressure off, however, she won't go public with more detail until she is certain of her fitness for each.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.