Translation of fixation in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (obsession) obsesión (feminine), fijación (feminine)Example sentences
- A colleague of mine is forever marvelling at the methodical way in which I flip over my rotating calendar each morning, not recognising in the gesture my complete fixation with time.
- The first to die, of course, are the young people, paying in blood for their generation's fixation with communication.
- He said it could have been a blurring between his feelings about women and fixation with celebrities.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (of nitrogen) [Botany/Botánica] [Chemistry/Química] fijación (feminine)Example sentences
- Carbon dioxide fixation and light absorption takes place in the plant shoot parts, mostly leaf blades.
- Industrial fixation of nitrogen for fertilizer and other human activities has more than doubled the rates of terrestrial fixation of gaseous nitrogen into biologically available forms.
- These grass species carry out C4 photosynthesis, an important adaptation that increases the efficiency of CO 2 fixation in plants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas