- 1 countable/numerable (obsession) obsesión (feminine), fijación (feminine)More example sentences
- A colleague of mine is forever marvelling at the methodical way in which I flip over my rotating calendar each morning, not recognising in the gesture my complete fixation with time.
- The first to die, of course, are the young people, paying in blood for their generation's fixation with communication.
- He said it could have been a blurring between his feelings about women and fixation with celebrities.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (of nitrogen) [Botany/Botánica] [Chemistry/Química] fijación (feminine)More example sentences
- Carbon dioxide fixation and light absorption takes place in the plant shoot parts, mostly leaf blades.
- Industrial fixation of nitrogen for fertilizer and other human activities has more than doubled the rates of terrestrial fixation of gaseous nitrogen into biologically available forms.
- These grass species carry out C4 photosynthesis, an important adaptation that increases the efficiency of CO 2 fixation in plants.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.