- 1 countable/numerable (obsession) obsesión (f), fijación (f) mother fixation fijación maternaMore example sentences
- A colleague of mine is forever marvelling at the methodical way in which I flip over my rotating calendar each morning, not recognising in the gesture my complete fixation with time.
- The first to die, of course, are the young people, paying in blood for their generation's fixation with communication.
- He said it could have been a blurring between his feelings about women and fixation with celebrities.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (of nitrogen) [Botany/Botánica] [Chemistry/Química] fijación (feminine)More example sentences
- Carbon dioxide fixation and light absorption takes place in the plant shoot parts, mostly leaf blades.
- Industrial fixation of nitrogen for fertilizer and other human activities has more than doubled the rates of terrestrial fixation of gaseous nitrogen into biologically available forms.
- These grass species carry out C4 photosynthesis, an important adaptation that increases the efficiency of CO 2 fixation in plants.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bullfighting remains popular in many parts of Spain and some Latin American countries, and is regularly broadcast on television. During the bullfight (corrida) three bullfighters (matadores) fight a total of six bulls, two each.