Translation of flame in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 to be in flamesestar (envuelto) en llamasto go up in flamesincendiarsea wall of flameuna barrera de fuego or llamasto be shot down in flameshe/his plan was shot down in flames by his bosssu jefe lo demolió/demolió su planthe plane/pilot was shot down in flamesel avión/piloto cayó envuelto en llamasExample sentences
- Residents are directed to guard against the threat of fire as flames continue to engulf many areas in New South Wales.
- He died instantly, before flames engulfed his body, which was identified from jewellery and dental records.
- However, it had steps in front of doors, fire escapes exposed to flames, inadequate balcony stairways, and no exit signs.
- 2 (passion) the flame(s) of love/jealousyla llama del amor/de los celoshe's an old flame of minees un antiguo enamorado míoExample sentences
- Now if any band are ready to make it they are, there is a flame burning inside them that no one is going to extinguish.
- A flame of passion burned within me at his touch, and I only lusted more.
- Even though he ignored her at school the flame of hope that burned in her heart hadn't gone out yet.
- 3 [colloquial] (Computing) (abusive email, posting)flame (masculine) (cualquier mensaje ofensivo que llega por Internet en respuesta rápida a otro mensaje)Example sentences
- I post my thoughts on a blog that anyone can read and don't worry in the least that my public declarations will cause me any lasting harm, except for the occasional flame from a commenter.
- It also created the culture of flames - abusive emails.
- The social dynamics are very different; you think more before responding instead of posting a quick flame.
- 1 (blaze)(light/jewel)
refulgir(fire)her anger flamed (up) again as she reread the letter
ardervolvió a montar or a arder en cólera al releer la cartaExample sentences
- The thick black hands flamed with an eerie blue sheen in the low light of the bridge, and dark green eyes glowed with a deranged luminescence from deep-set pits under the gunner's brow.
- Gloriana was the tallest of the three, with bright red hair flaming and swirling around her head, and green eyes that flashed impatiently.
- Come here at sunset, when the colours flame in red and orange, bold and beautiful.
- 2 (glow)(sun)her cheeks flamed with anger/embarrassment
enrojecerse le encendieron las mejillas de (la) ira/vergüenza
- 3 [colloquial] (Computing)publicar un flameExample sentences
- Now if anyone read my previous blog, they will know I got seriously flamed by a person called Acidman, my ‘crime’?
- Mom was a reader, a debater (I can not imagine keeping a blog if she was still alive, she would have flamed me to a crisp in either the comments or her own blog), and a passionate learner.
- If you have something against that, don't bother freaking out or flaming me, just simply press the back button.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.