Translation of flip-flop in Spanish:
- 2 (in gymnastics) voltereta (feminine) hacia atrásExample sentences
- Equally renowned was her power on balance beam, where she tumbled a very high back layout to two feet, and dismounted with two flip-flops to a full-twisting double back.
- Her routine included a full-twisting flip-flop and triple twist dismount.
- The three-time Olympian fell on her mount (front salto on) and later on a flip-flop.
- 3 (reversal of policy) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], giro (masculine) or viraje (masculine) de 180 grados to do a flip-flop dar* un giro or viraje de 180 gradosExample sentences
- We have seen an incredible flip-flop on the nuclear policy by this Party.
- Every time he was asked, he was not quite sure, or he did a flip-flop on policy.
- It was important that they were allowed to slug it out over the so-called flip-flop on that legislation.
- 4 [Computing/Informática] [Electronics/Electrónica] flip-flop (masculine)Example sentences
- I built a flip-flop circuit, flipped the switch, watched the relay click on and remain on.
- In state 0, when the flip-flop receives an input pulse, it flips to state 1 but does nothing else.
- When this flip-flop is triggered, it provides an output to the pulse generator to start the experiment in synchrony with the video signal.
- 5 (British English/inglés británico) thong 3
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-pp-)
- 1 (make noise) chancletear
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the