Translation of flip-flop in Spanish:
- 2 (in gymnastics) voltereta (feminine) hacia atrásExample sentences
- Equally renowned was her power on balance beam, where she tumbled a very high back layout to two feet, and dismounted with two flip-flops to a full-twisting double back.
- Her routine included a full-twisting flip-flop and triple twist dismount.
- The three-time Olympian fell on her mount (front salto on) and later on a flip-flop.
- 3 (reversal of policy) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], giro (masculine) or viraje (masculine) de 180 grados to do a flip-flop dar* un giro or viraje de 180 gradosExample sentences
- We have seen an incredible flip-flop on the nuclear policy by this Party.
- Every time he was asked, he was not quite sure, or he did a flip-flop on policy.
- It was important that they were allowed to slug it out over the so-called flip-flop on that legislation.
- 4 [Computing/Informática] [Electronics/Electrónica] flip-flop (masculine)Example sentences
- I built a flip-flop circuit, flipped the switch, watched the relay click on and remain on.
- In state 0, when the flip-flop receives an input pulse, it flips to state 1 but does nothing else.
- When this flip-flop is triggered, it provides an output to the pulse generator to start the experiment in synchrony with the video signal.
- 5 (British English/inglés británico) thong 3
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-pp-)
- 1 (make noise) chancletear
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.