Translation of flip-flop in Spanish:
- 2 (in gymnastics)voltereta (feminine) hacia atrásExample sentences
- Equally renowned was her power on balance beam, where she tumbled a very high back layout to two feet, and dismounted with two flip-flops to a full-twisting double back.
- Her routine included a full-twisting flip-flop and triple twist dismount.
- The three-time Olympian fell on her mount (front salto on) and later on a flip-flop.
- 3 (reversal of policy)(American English) [colloquial]to do a flip-flop
giro (masculine) or viraje (masculine) de 180 gradosdar un giro or viraje de 180 gradosExample sentences
- We have seen an incredible flip-flop on the nuclear policy by this Party.
- Every time he was asked, he was not quite sure, or he did a flip-flop on policy.
- It was important that they were allowed to slug it out over the so-called flip-flop on that legislation.
- 4 (Computing, Electronics)flip-flop (masculine)Example sentences
- I built a flip-flop circuit, flipped the switch, watched the relay click on and remain on.
- In state 0, when the flip-flop receives an input pulse, it flips to state 1 but does nothing else.
- When this flip-flop is triggered, it provides an output to the pulse generator to start the experiment in synchrony with the video signal.
- 5 (British English) → thong 3
intransitive verb -pp-
- 1 (make noise)Example sentences
- Twenty minutes later, they are flip-flopping on the deck.
- Almost in a trance, I flip-flopped into the place, paid the fee, took off my clothes, went in and sat on a stool, washed myself ever so carefully, repeated the routine, then slipped into the bath.
- He's wearing a Northern Arizona baseball cap backward as he flip-flops by in his thongs clutching a Dean Koontz book.
- 3 (reverse policy)(American English) [colloquial]
dar un viraje de 180 gradosExample sentences
- Homeowners, watching the value of their flats tumble, complain that Tung flip-flopped on his housing policy - without telling the public.
- They pounded the point that he has allegedly flip-flopped on numerous policy issues in his political career.
- I haven't flip-flopped on anything, I just said I wasn't going to rehash the primary and we're now in a general election and between these two candidates, I think the choice is clear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.