Translation of floating in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1 [dock/harbor/restaurant] flotanteExample sentences
- Numbers hit by global warming and loss of nest sites; floating water plantain is increasingly under threat from the re-opening of canals to heavy traffic.
- She tossed a floating toy into the water for her dog to fetch over and over.
- As I have said before rearing a family when you spend all your life on floating water weeds is a hazardous business.
- 2 [Finance] 2.1 [currency/exchange rate] flotante 2.2 [assets] circulante; [debt] flotante, a corto plazo floating capital activo (masculine) circulanteExample sentences
- The mine ended as a failure, and to settle a floating indebtedness all movable equipment was sold in 1865.
- The larvae spend several months as floating zooplankton before settling down onto the reef.
- There is already a floating population of 100 million or more migrants seeking work in cities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.