Translation of floret in Spanish:
- 1.1 (small flower)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of cauliflower)
- The outermost two rows of florets on the flower head opened and anthesed on the same day.
- Each panicle was individually labelled with its flowering date, defined as the day on which pollen had been released in approximately two-thirds of the florets composing the panicle.
- It starts blooming in midsummer with huge panicles of showy, white florets surrounding smaller fertile flowers.
- For the piece de résistance, set all within a naturalized sea of camassia bulbs with their tall greenish spires and soft blue florets that bloom for weeks on end in late spring.
- Similarly, in freesia florets the increase in perianth sugars was more than 10 times higher than the decrease in starch content.
- Subsequent growth determines the fraction of the potential florets that develop into flowers, and eventually to fruits and seeds.
cogollito (masculine)Example sentences
- The accompanying vegetables were good too; finely-sliced gratin potatoes in a light cheese sauce, delicious boiled new potatoes in their skins, deep-fried cauliflower florets in batter, broccoli and carrots.
- The base could be covered with puréed spinach and topped with florets of broccoli and cauliflower, still with cheese.
- We serve broccoli stems and florets steamed and tossed with a vinaigrette salad dressing just as you would a salad.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.