Translation of fluid in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (Physics, Technology) hydraulic/brake fluidlíquido (masculine) hidráulico/de frenosExample sentences1.2 (in body) 1.3 (liquid nourishment) he's on fluids
está tomando solo líquidos
- Gold can form soluble compounds with these substances and so the fluids will leach it out of rocks.
- The bakery owners later gave up their lease after it emerged that the liquid had in fact been body fluids from the two men.
- I was on a drip because obviously I had no fluids in my body, the only liquid was alcohol.
- 1 1.1(substance/consistency)1.2(movement/style)Example sentences
- The juggling and rope acts were hypnotic; the costume, staging and music are all original and often beautiful; the performances fluid and graceful.
- Christopher fought with a fluid elegance, every move graceful and balanced.
- There is an easy elegance here, a fluid readability, and a lucid, completely unaffected, eloquence of one who is at ease with herself.
- It spilled out from her fingers in the form of a fluid silver substance and flooded the man's leg down to the marrow of his bone.
- Miro, Louis and Poons showed the strikingly different effects that could be obtained by pouring a fluid substance down a canvas.
- Adding additional calcium to dairy formulations is an option and one currently adopted by processors of all sorts from cheese to ice cream to fluid milk.
- 2 (not stable or fixed) See examples: our plans are still very fluidthe political situation is fluidaún no hemos concretado nuestros planesla situación política es muy incierta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.