Translation of footing in Spanish:
noun no plural
- 1 (balance) to lose o miss one's footing it was difficult to get much of a footing on the icy slopeera difícil mantener el equilibrio en la cuesta heladato gain a footing see→ footholdExample sentences
- It was emphasised that only in those circumstances could the buyer be said to be on an equal footing with his seller in terms of bargaining strength.
- This work is vital to demonstrate the potential impact of preventing ill health and put it on an equal footing with clinical interventions, which are routinely subject to economic evaluation.
- He will also be able to compete on an equal footing with some of the professionals on the circuit, who have already found themselves trailing in his wake on some of the sport's most gruelling courses.
- 2 2.1 (basis) the company finances are on a shaky footingla economía de la compañía no tiene una base sólidato put something on a regular footingregularizar algoon a war footing on an emergency footingen situación de emergenciaon an equal footingen igualdad de condiciones2.2 (relationship) to be on a friendly footing with somebody
en situación equiparablemantener buenas relaciones con alguienExample sentences
- Neither side succeeded in establishing a firm footing in the first half, as evidenced by the fact that parity obtained on four occasions.
- They figure they will need €500,000 to establish a firm footing in the market, money the company does not have at present.
- Gregory, who is believed to retain about 8% of the equity, said the restructuring of the board would put the company on a firm footing for its next phase of expansion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.