Translation of footing in Spanish:
noun/nombre(no plural/sin plural)
- 1 (balance) equilibrio (masculine) to lose o miss one's footing resbalar, perder* el equilibrio it was difficult to get much of a footing on the icy slope era difícil mantener el equilibrio en la cuesta helada to gain a footing see footholdExample sentences
- It was emphasised that only in those circumstances could the buyer be said to be on an equal footing with his seller in terms of bargaining strength.
- This work is vital to demonstrate the potential impact of preventing ill health and put it on an equal footing with clinical interventions, which are routinely subject to economic evaluation.
- He will also be able to compete on an equal footing with some of the professionals on the circuit, who have already found themselves trailing in his wake on some of the sport's most gruelling courses.
- 2 2.1 (basis) the company finances are on a shaky footing la economía de la compañía no tiene una base sólida to put sth on a regular footing regularizar* algo on a war footing en pie de guerra on an emergency footing en situación de emergencia on an equal footing en igualdad de condiciones, en situación equiparable 2.2 (relationship) to be on a friendly footing with sb mantener* buenas relaciones con algnExample sentences
- Neither side succeeded in establishing a firm footing in the first half, as evidenced by the fact that parity obtained on four occasions.
- They figure they will need €500,000 to establish a firm footing in the market, money the company does not have at present.
- Gregory, who is believed to retain about 8% of the equity, said the restructuring of the board would put the company on a firm footing for its next phase of expansion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...