Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.
- 1.1 (split) [branch/road/river] bifurcarse*More example sentences1.2 (turn) to fork (to the) right/left desviarse* a la derecha/izquierda
- Frequent bolts of lightning forked through the sky, lighting up her surroundings with an eerie brightness.
- Lightning forked down from the sky, and thunder roared in sympathy moments later, adding to the hellish scene.
- Narrow dirt paths forked from the stairs, leading to even denser rows of crosses amongst soft weeds.
- [food] levantar con el tenedorMore example sentences
- After a crash course on dining with élan and forking food with flair, the surprise test came on china piled high with tricky-to-eat broccoli, sprouts and small sautéed potatoes.
- One of the main features of the day was the steam threshing which involved forking the stooks into the steam-powered conveyor belt.
- The hay was forked into the hayshed, when the pile got so high; someone had to go up and ‘tramp’ it and throw it to the back of the hayshed.