Translation of fork in Spanish:
- 1.1 (split)(branch/road/river)1.2 (turn) to fork (to the) right/left
bifurcarsedesviarse a la derecha/izquierdaExample sentences
- Frequent bolts of lightning forked through the sky, lighting up her surroundings with an eerie brightness.
- Lightning forked down from the sky, and thunder roared in sympathy moments later, adding to the hellish scene.
- Narrow dirt paths forked from the stairs, leading to even denser rows of crosses amongst soft weeds.
levantar con el tenedorExample sentences
- After a crash course on dining with élan and forking food with flair, the surprise test came on china piled high with tricky-to-eat broccoli, sprouts and small sautéed potatoes.
- One of the main features of the day was the steam threshing which involved forking the stooks into the steam-powered conveyor belt.
- The hay was forked into the hayshed, when the pile got so high; someone had to go up and ‘tramp’ it and throw it to the back of the hayshed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.