Translation of fork in Spanish:
- 1 (split)(branch/road/river)
- Frequent bolts of lightning forked through the sky, lighting up her surroundings with an eerie brightness.
- Lightning forked down from the sky, and thunder roared in sympathy moments later, adding to the hellish scene.
- Narrow dirt paths forked from the stairs, leading to even denser rows of crosses amongst soft weeds.
levantar con el tenedorExample sentences
- After a crash course on dining with élan and forking food with flair, the surprise test came on china piled high with tricky-to-eat broccoli, sprouts and small sautéed potatoes.
- One of the main features of the day was the steam threshing which involved forking the stooks into the steam-powered conveyor belt.
- The hay was forked into the hayshed, when the pile got so high; someone had to go up and ‘tramp’ it and throw it to the back of the hayshed.
aflojar [colloquial]how much did you have to fork out for that?
¿cuánto te tuviste que gastar en eso?
¿cuánto tuviste que desembolsar or [colloquial] aflojar por eso?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.