Translation of formula in Spanish:
noun plural formulas formulaePronunciation: /-liː/or [formal]
- 1 (Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics)Example sentences
- He gave the well-known formula for the Fibonacci numbers
- Its 92 problems illustrate the formula for summing an arithmetic progression.
- Using NA as the total number of links in the network and N as the total number of persons, here is a mathematical formula for density.
- If a pure element is present the chemical formula is merely the chemical symbol for the element.
- Nitric oxide (sometimes called nitrogen monoxide) has the chemical formula NO.
- The actual formula of the ionic compound (and the number of cations and anions) will thus depend on the relative charges of the anion and cation.
- 2 (recipe, plan) a sure formula for successuna receta infalible para tener éxito(before noun) (comedy/drama/painting) (US)
- He took the lead in prescribing a formula for peace and imposing national reconciliation.
- But Maharishi has come up with a formula for world peace, which he believes can be achieved with large groups of meditators.
- Zingerman's provides a valuable example of a formula for achieving just that.
- Think of a screen as a formula or recipe of ingredients used to guide computer software to select a batch of good stock picks.
- An open formula lists the percentage or amount per ton of all ingredients in the complete feed, premixes, or supplements.
- He checked the formulas and double-checked the ingredients.
- 3 3.1 (set procedure)Example sentences3.2 (form of words) a polite formula
una fórmula de cortesíaExample sentences
- It's a show about cops and criminals, but it doesn't follow any genre formulas.
- The campaign is following the standard formula.
- The key to a feel-good movie like this succeeding has very little to do with the overall plot, which must follow certain time-honored formulas.
- Ideas (in the usual sense of the word) are conventional expressions or formulas.
- We profess our faith not merely in a formula of words, but rather in the realities to which those words refer.
- The challenge for the SPC was to find a formula of words to be introduced into the Development Plan recognising the guidelines while at the same time securing the best result for the county.
- 4 (motor racing) (before noun) formula one/fourfórmula uno/cuatroExample sentences
- Scott passed Barnard on the inside and his years of experience in the V8 formula paid off as he began to open his lead and pick his way through the back markers with consummate skill.
- It's the best idea, so we are in favour of considering a formula with a 2.4 V8 in the future, and also to consider how to extend engine life.
- 5 (for baby)preparado (masculine) para biberón or para lactantesExample sentences
- Breast milk or formula milk provides all the nutrition that babies need for the first six months.
- Although babies under twelve months should not be given cow's milk without first consulting your doctor, most formula milk is based on cow's milk.
- You may also like to try baby rice, which can be made up using breast or formula milk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.