- 1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] fraccionarioMore example sentences
- Both have identical fractional parts after the decimal point.
- He also worked on asymptotic analysis, fractional integration and singular partial differential equations.
- Each time we take the reciprocal of the fractional part we usually get another long list of decimal places.
- 2 (very small) [difference/amount] mínimoMore example sentences
- Tiny though this fractional increase seems when expressed this way, the overall amounts are huge.
- And my input is a tiny, fractional thing of a film, and how it's dealt with in post-production, how the studio is marketed.
- Anticipating the beat by fractional amounts on single chords or notes (Blues singers do this all the time to express pain and suffering).
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.