Translation of fracture in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] fractura (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (crack) fisura (feminine), grieta (feminine)
- Stress fractures are partial fractures, often hairline cracks in the bone, caused by repeated stress.
- Direct injury to the spine may cause a bone fracture anywhere along your vertebral column.
- Bone scanning is sensitive but not specific for detecting stress fractures, healing fractures, infections and tumors.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] [bone/arm/shoulder] fracturar she fractured her arm se fracturó el brazo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas