Translation of frantic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (very worried) desesperado they were frantic with worry estaban desesperados de la preocupaciónExample sentences1.2 (desperate) [effort/struggle/search] desesperado 1.3 (frenzied, hectic) [activity] frenético to drive sb frantic poner* frenético a algn, sacar* de quicio a algn
- Many customers eagerly signed up because their pets had been made frantic with fear by the noise of fireworks.
- This time, however, he failed to return and his mother is frantic with worry about his safety.
- I have been speaking to his dad and he and his wife are just frantic with worry, they can't sleep or eat.
- In the latter stages they attempted a frantic counter-attack but the ball play was feeble.
- She was quickly discovered after a frantic search, bleeding and shocked.
- The men noticed the boy was missing and after a frantic search they discovered his body in the river.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas