Translation of frantic in Spanish:
- 1.1 (very worried) they were frantic with worryestaban desesperados de la preocupaciónExample sentences1.2 (desperate)
(effort/struggle/search)1.3 (frenzied, hectic)
- Many customers eagerly signed up because their pets had been made frantic with fear by the noise of fireworks.
- This time, however, he failed to return and his mother is frantic with worry about his safety.
- I have been speaking to his dad and he and his wife are just frantic with worry, they can't sleep or eat.
desesperado(activity)to drive somebody frantic
frenéticoponer frenético a alguien
sacar de quicio a alguienExample sentences
- In the latter stages they attempted a frantic counter-attack but the ball play was feeble.
- She was quickly discovered after a frantic search, bleeding and shocked.
- The men noticed the boy was missing and after a frantic search they discovered his body in the river.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.