Translation of freedom in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 u and c (liberty) libertad (feminine) freedom of speech/religion/the press libertad de expresión/culto(s)/prensa freedom of action/movement libertad de acción/movimientos freedom of movement of labour libertad de movimiento del trabajo freedom of conscience libertad de conciencia 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (independence, scope) libertad (feminine) I like the freedom of having a car me gusta la libertad que te da (tener) un coche journalists had complete editorial freedom los periodistas tenían carta blanca en materia editorial the freedom of her prose lo libre de su prosaExample sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerablefreedom
- As usual, those in the pay of the pesticide industry presume to speak on behalf of freedom of choice and a balanced approach.
- Violence or intimidation against the media could hamper press freedom and eventually deprive the public of its right to information.
- In recent years, examples of media abuses of press freedom have been common.
fromsth the plan guarantees freedom from financial worries el plan le garantiza un futuro libre de preocupaciones económicas its freedom from side effects is unproven no se ha demostrado si tiene o no tiene efectos secundarios
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (frankness) libertad (feminine), desenvoltura (feminine) to speak with complete freedom hablar con toda or plena libertad 2.2 u and c (familiarity) familiaridad (feminine) he behaved with too much freedom towards his superiors trataba a sus superiores con demasiada familiaridad, se tomaba demasiadas libertades con sus superioresExample sentences
- They think that they can make themselves as agreeable to the men as their successful rivals, by adopting the same style and allowing the same freedom of conversation.
- I talked a great deal to him with the freedom I have long used to him on this and on other subjects.
- We were surprised to find an openness and freedom between us we hadn't experienced before.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (rights of use or access) the freedom of the seas la libertad de los mares freedom of information[ libre acceso del ciudadano a la información contenida en los archivos gubernamentales ] he was given the freedom of the city le entregaron las llaves de la ciudad they gave her the freedom of their house pusieron la casa a su entera disposición
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.