Translation of friendly in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 [person/pet] simpático; [place/atmosphere] agradable; [welcome] cordial I'll give you some friendly advice te voy a dar un consejo de amigo he gave her a friendly wave la saludó amablemente con la mano there's a friendly little cafe nearby hay un barcito cerca que es muy simpático or agradableto be friendly
to/ withsb he wasn't very friendly to her no estuvo demasiado simpático or amable con ella she's friendly with Tessa es amiga de Tessa I'm quite friendly with him now ahora somos bastante amigos to be on friendly terms with sb llevarse bien con algn environmentally friendly products productos (masculine plural) inocuos para el medio ambienteExample sentences1.2 (good-natured) [argument/rivalry/competition] amistoso, amigable; [game/match] amistoso
- Does it matter if we smile and are friendly to him?
- They do not only live in harmony but are equally friendly to visitors.
- Eddie was held in high esteem by the farming community and his pleasant friendly smile endeared him to all.
- We are friendly with our neighbours, with people at work, and with the kids and parents at our son's school.
- And you have to have all of your own supplies, because unless you're friendly with the neighbors, there is no one around to borrow from.
- Sam has chosen people that he is friendly with and that he can talk to.
Example sentences1.3 (of one's own side) [ship/aircraft/troops] amigo
- He summed up the season as being competitive yet friendly and with the trio applying to join next year it was evident that the league continued to grow.
- ‘It's a competition that pitches towns right around the island into friendly rivalry,’ the Minister said.
- This is a competition that creates friendly rivalry among the participants and the judging is anticipated with great enthusiasm.
- Bradford came to Oxford for a friendly game of water polo on Saturday.
- Botswana yesterday marked 38 years of independence with a win over Zambia in an international friendly soccer match played in Gaborone.
- Chulumanda said he has directed the director of sports to organise international friendly games following the aborted trip to China.
- Its initial purpose was to prevent Allied aircraft bombing friendly ground forces.
- When a mechanized force enters an area with friendly infantry, both light and mechanized soldiers get a little apprehensive.
- In the case of air defense or offensive military equipment, waiting until friendly forces are engaged is too late to confirm disablement.
noun/nombre (plural -lies)
- (British English/inglés británico) partido (masculine) amistoso
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.