- 1 1.1 (of fabric) volante (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) volado (masculine) or (Mexico/México) olán (masculine) or (Chile) vuelo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (of paper) fleco (masculine)
- It was pink, with frills around the collar and bottom hem.
- The sleeves of the shirt were, thanks to Allicia, immaculately black, the frills of the cuffs ruffled lightly.
- There were tucks and folds and frills and bows and lace and rhinestones and embroidery and ribbons all over it.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (pretension) floritura (feminine) a ceremony with no frills una ceremonia sencilla 2.2 (refinement) detalle (masculine)More example sentences
- In an article last October, I described how my wife and I planned to chop around £800 a month from our expenses by cutting back on unnecessary luxuries, frills and trimmings.
- It's as nice a defensive pistol as you can buy, with every feature needed and no unnecessary frills.
- ‘Our clients are paying for our services, not the extra frills of working from the glassy palaces of Covent Garden,’ he said.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.