Translation of fringe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (on shawl, carpet, tablecloth)Example sentences1.2 (of trees, houses)
- Much of the vigor of the textile traditions of Mahdia comes through the embellishment of woven cloth with embroidery and the addition of fringes, tassels, and pompoms.
- Being a very feminine line, rounded shapes, inverted pleats, fringes, deconstructed cuts and chunky buttons feature in the collection.
- She was wearing a floral silk shirt with a fringe and a denim miniskirt.
- Eighty-five percent of at-risk American farms are on the fringes of urban areas.
- Initially, stations were located on the fringes of the urban area to ease access and economize on land costs.
- Like most early projects, it replaced an area of run-down, overcrowded, squalid dwellings on the fringes of the downtown area.
- 2 (of hair) (British English)flequillo (masculine)
cerquillo (masculine) (Latin America)
fleco (masculine) (Mexico)
chasquilla (feminine) (Chile)
capul (masculine) (Colombia)
pollina (feminine) (Venezuela)Example sentences
- As part of a new image to promote the single, 21-year-old Kimberley, of Allerton, Bradford, has been given a new haircut with a fringe.
- Scott put out his cigarette in the ashtray, and wiped his hand across his forehead, pushing back his fringe.
- His thin, reddish hair is neatly cut; a boyish fringe covers his forehead.
- 3 (periphery) (often plural) on the fringe(s) of the townen la periferia de la ciudadto live on the fringe(s) of societyvivir al margen de la sociedadthe extremist fringe of the partyel sector extremista del partido(before noun) (area/group)
marginal(music/medicine)fringe theatre (British English)
alternativoteatro (masculine) alternativo or experimental
- 4 (American English) → fringe benefit
- 1 (decorate with fringe)(scarf/rug)
ponerle un fleco aExample sentences
- Painted dragons hold up these canvasses, just as the carved silvered and tinted flying dragons support the blue silk satin window draperies, fringed with gold tassels.
- This frame has a leather mat and hanging strap, and is fringed with scrap yarn.
- It was pulled tight over my stomach and bust, and was fringed with white fluff on the hem of the dress and ends of the sleeves.
- 2 (border) fringed with furcon una orla de pielExample sentences
- And outside only a bird's mournful cry broke the stillness of the timeless, winding country lanes and mile upon rolling mile of flat farm land fringed by the sea.
- Columbia University walkways are still fringed with snow from late winter storms.
- However, they're fringed with mature cherry trees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.