Translation of from in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (indicating starting point)(indicating origin) defrom the beginningdesde el principioa call from New Yorkuna llamada de Nueva Yorkthe arrival of the flight from Madridla llegada del vuelo procedente de MadridI'm from Texassoy de Texasthe bus leaves from the marketplaceel autobús sale del mercadofrom here you can see the riverdesde aquí se puede ver el ríoT-shirts from $15camisetas desde or a partir de $l5Example sentences1.2 (indicating distance) 2cm from the edge
a 2cm del borde15km from the coasta 15km de la costawe're still three hours from Tulsatodavía faltan tres horas para llegar a TulsaExample sentences
- She got a bad feeling in her stomach as she slowly got up from her bed and walked back to the stairs.
- Amazingly, it took only five months for the Altea to make the journey from prototype to showroom.
- The main journey I make is from Woodthorpe to Rawcliffe, where my girlfriend lives.
- He said they were now staying a short distance from their home in a flat on the Down's Road.
- The car was seen by police a couple of hours later only a short distance from Mr Graiezevsky's road.
- We often go to Hohai lake, which is walking distance from here and part of the old imperial grounds.
- 2 2.1 (after) from todaya partir de hoyfrom the moment we met/the age of 12
desde hoydesde el momento en que nos conocimos/los 12 años50 years/an hour from nowdentro de 50 años/una horaExample sentences2.2 (before) we are only minutes from takeoff!
¡estamos a pocos minutos del despegue!we're still years from a curevan a pasar años antes de que se encuentre una cura
- If we have a scale from one to ten, what are we going to do if we meet someone who is a twelve?
- With prices ranging from a few rupees to a few hundred, the lamps make for a memorable buy.
- Injuries range from serious lacerations to major fractures and head and spinal injuries.
- 3 (indicating source) a letter from my lawyeruna carta de mi abogadoa friend from schoolun amigo del colegioshe drank straight from the bottlebebió directamente de la botellaI was surprised to hear that from herme sorprendió escuchar eso de boca de ellathat's enough from you!¡basta!you can tell him that from me!
¡cállate!¡puedes decírselo de mi parte!have you heard from her?¿has tenido noticias suyas?we heard from Sam that …nos enteramos por Sam de que …a quotation from the Bibleuna cita (tomada) de la Bibliaa drawing from lifeun dibujo del naturalthe movie is adapted from the novel by Horace Greenbaumla película es una adaptación de la novela de Horace GreenbaumExample sentences
- I am not in a position to indicate what roads will be funded from that source in the year.
- I must agree with Mr Derbyshire that clean energy from renewable sources is the way forward.
- They have to get funding from somewhere, these sources for funds have to be big, and so have to be noticed.
- 4from … to … 4.1 (in place) they flew from New York to Limavolaron de Nueva York a Limathey stretch from Derbyshire to the borders of Scotlandse extienden desde el condado de Derbyshire hasta el sur de Escociafrom house to housede casa en casafrom door to doorde puerta en puerta4.2 (in time) we work from nine to fivetrabajamos de nueve a cincoI'll be in Europe from June 20 to 29voy a estar en Europa desde el 20 hasta el 29 de junio4.3 (indicating source) with love, from Sue to Janepara Jane. Cariñosamente, Suefrom generation to generationde generación en generación4.4 (indicating range) from $50 to $100entre 50 y 100 dólaresthe shades range from deep blue to very pale yellowlos colores van desde un azul oscuro hasta un amarillo muy claroExample sentences
- AgriPower has developed a ‘virtual landfill’ system that can produce electricity and heat by burning anything from nuts to old tires.
- Activities at the youth group include everything from sporting events to weekends away.
- The exhibition features all things foodie from specialist ranges to top booze.
- 5 5.1 (as a result of) his eyes were red from cryingtenía los ojos rojos de tanto llorarhe suffers from insomniasufre de insomniothis comes from being careless with moneyesto es lo que pasa cuando no se tiene cuidado con el dineroExample sentences5.2 (on the basis of) from experience/observation I would say that …
según mi experiencia/por lo que he visto, diría que …Example sentences
- How are you supposed to tell if a neurotic dog feels it has benefited from its treatment?
- Surgery is an option for the minority of women who get little benefit from medical treatment.
- It was nominated by people who have benefited from its work and seen the positive effect on the community.
- We read that what's on and where can be obtained from the tourist information centre.
- She was allowed to obtain information from the patient and her medical notes.
- Up to now much of your farming knowledge was gleaned from your parents and teachers.
- 6 6.1 (out of, off) from the cupboard/shelfdel armario/estante6.2 (Mathematics)5 from 10 is 510 menos 5 es 5if you take 5 from 10si le restas 5 a 10
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.