Translation of from in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (indicating starting point)(indicating origin)from the beginninga call from New Yorkdesde el principiothe arrival of the flight from Madriduna llamada de Nueva YorkI'm from Texasla llegada del vuelo procedente de Madridthe bus leaves from the marketplacesoy de Texasfrom here you can see the riverel autobús sale del mercadoT-shirts from $15desde aquí se puede ver el ríocamisetas desde or a partir de $l5Example sentences1.2 (indicating distance) See examples: 2cm from the edge
15km from the coasta 2cm del bordewe're still three hours from Tulsaa 15km de la costatodavía faltan tres horas para llegar a TulsaExample sentences
- She got a bad feeling in her stomach as she slowly got up from her bed and walked back to the stairs.
- Amazingly, it took only five months for the Altea to make the journey from prototype to showroom.
- The main journey I make is from Woodthorpe to Rawcliffe, where my girlfriend lives.
- He said they were now staying a short distance from their home in a flat on the Down's Road.
- The car was seen by police a couple of hours later only a short distance from Mr Graiezevsky's road.
- We often go to Hohai lake, which is walking distance from here and part of the old imperial grounds.
- 2 2.1 (after) See examples: from todayfrom the moment we met/the age of 12a partir de hoydesde hoy50 years/an hour from nowdesde el momento en que nos conocimos/los 12 años2.2 (before) See examples: we are only minutes from takeoff!dentro de 50 años/una horawe're still years from a cure¡estamos a pocos minutos del despegue!van a pasar años antes de que se encuentre una cura
- 3 (indicating source) a letter from my lawyera friend from schooluna carta de mi abogadoshe drank straight from the bottleun amigo del colegioI was surprised to hear that from herbebió directamente de la botellathat's enough from you!me sorprendió escuchar eso de boca de ellayou can tell him that from me!¡basta!have you heard from her?¡puedes decírselo de mi parte!we heard from Sam that …¿has tenido noticias suyas?a quotation from the Biblenos enteramos por Sam de que …a drawing from lifeuna cita (tomada) de la Bibliathe movie is adapted from the novel by Horace Greenbaumun dibujo del naturalla película es una adaptación de la novela de Horace Greenbaum
- 4from … to … 4.1 (in place) See examples: they flew from New York to Limathey stretch from Derbyshire to the borders of Scotlandvolaron de Nueva York a Limafrom house to housese extienden desde el condado de Derbyshire hasta el sur de Escociafrom door to doorde casa en casa4.2 (in time) See examples: we work from nine to fivede puerta en puertaI'll be in Europe from June 20 to 29trabajamos de nueve a cinco4.3 (indicating source) See examples: with love, from Sue to Janevoy a estar en Europa desde el 20 hasta el 29 de juniofrom generation to generationpara Jane. Cariñosamente, Suede generación en generaciónExample sentences4.4 (indicating range) See examples: from $50 to $100
the shades range from deep blue to very pale yellowentre 50 y 100 dólareslos colores van desde un azul oscuro hasta un amarillo muy claroExample sentences
- I am not in a position to indicate what roads will be funded from that source in the year.
- I must agree with Mr Derbyshire that clean energy from renewable sources is the way forward.
- They have to get funding from somewhere, these sources for funds have to be big, and so have to be noticed.
- If we have a scale from one to ten, what are we going to do if we meet someone who is a twelve?
- With prices ranging from a few rupees to a few hundred, the lamps make for a memorable buy.
- Injuries range from serious lacerations to major fractures and head and spinal injuries.
- AgriPower has developed a ‘virtual landfill’ system that can produce electricity and heat by burning anything from nuts to old tires.
- Activities at the youth group include everything from sporting events to weekends away.
- The exhibition features all things foodie from specialist ranges to top booze.
- 5 5.1 (as a result of) his eyes were red from cryinghe suffers from insomniatenía los ojos rojos de tanto llorarthis comes from being careless with moneysufre de insomnio5.2 (on the basis of) See examples: from experience/observation I would say that …esto es lo que pasa cuando no se tiene cuidado con el dinerosegún mi experiencia/por lo que he visto, diría que …Example sentences
- We read that what's on and where can be obtained from the tourist information centre.
- She was allowed to obtain information from the patient and her medical notes.
- Up to now much of your farming knowledge was gleaned from your parents and teachers.
- How are you supposed to tell if a neurotic dog feels it has benefited from its treatment?
- Surgery is an option for the minority of women who get little benefit from medical treatment.
- It was nominated by people who have benefited from its work and seen the positive effect on the community.
- 6 6.1 (out of, off) from the cupboard/shelf6.2 (Mathematics)5 from 10 is 5del armario/estanteif you take 5 from 1010 menos 5 es 5si le restas 5 a 10
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to