Translation of froth in Spanish:
- 1.1 (foam)Example sentences1.2 (frivolity)
- White bubbles of froth jostle on the head of my pint of beer.
- From the dinky tin the adherent would peel back the paper lid and remove several spoonfuls of the inert powder, add tapwater, stir and watch in amazement as a lurid froth began to bubble away.
- Tilt each glass and pour the remaining champagne in a dribble down the inside of the glasses, so that you minimise the froth and maximise the bubbles.
- Finally, I am only left to say that your reply to me has been mere froth and bubble, being all sizzle and no steak.
- The editorials too often were equivocal; the Saturday edition gravitated towards froth and bubble where lifestyle matters ruled and the Business Section was in radical need of surgery.
- After all the froth, all the frenzy, all the ridiculous hyperbole, the new Howard / Blair contest was put neatly into context by a Yorkshire MP.
- (liquid)to froth at the mouth
hacer espuma(with anger)
echar humo [colloquial]
echar chispas [colloquial]
bufar [colloquial]Example sentences
- He poured in the orange scented bubble bath soap, frothing the water to build up a big head of bubbles.
- An integrated steam sprout can be used to froth milk for cappuccino or hot chocolate and a hot water spout for making tea or single cups of coffee.
- ‘Too bad,’ he said, frothing my milk, ‘then you really would have a story.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.