Translation of frothy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (frothier, frothiest)
- 1.1 [liquid] espumosoExample sentences1.2 [talk/writing] banal
- Add four eggs and half a cup of water to the paste and beat well with an egg beater till very frothy and air bubbles appear.
- Now, I don't mean the actual delightfully frothy bubbles that dance around on the top of a glass of champagne.
- If you have a room at the front of the hotel you open the shutters to the full glory of the frothy blue ocean bashing against the rocks below.
- Consequently, you get an evening of light, frothy entertainment as you revel in the filthy deeds the schemers get up to and share their delight at the misfortune of others.
- What we really get is a light, frothy, insubstantial comedy that feels more like Meet the Parents, and a really nice DVD package.
- The film's light, frothy tone and the fact that it won the Genie in this category and an award at Cannes definitely works in its favour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas