frown onfrown upon v + prep + o
- that sort of thing is frowned upon eso está muy mal visto their relationship was frowned on by her parents sus padres no veían la relación con buenos ojos her superiors frowned on her methods sus métodos no contaban con la aprobación de sus superiores
- ceño (m) fruncido …, she said, with a frown … —dijo, frunciendo el ceño or el entrecejo he wore a frown [literario/literary] tenía el ceño fruncidoMore example sentences
- A slight frown creased her brow but disappeared almost as soon as it had come.
- A worried frown creased the cook's face as soon as little Alissa was gone.
- Grace stood in the doorway, a worried frown creasing her smooth, pale forehead.