frown onfrown upon verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento
- that sort of thing is frowned upon eso está muy mal visto their relationship was frowned on by her parents sus padres no veían la relación con buenos ojos her superiors frowned on her methods sus métodos no contaban con la aprobación de sus superiores
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.
- ceño (masculine) fruncido …, she said, with a frown … —dijo, frunciendo el ceño or el entrecejo he wore a frown [literary/literario] tenía el ceño fruncidoMore example sentences
- A slight frown creased her brow but disappeared almost as soon as it had come.
- A worried frown creased the cook's face as soon as little Alissa was gone.
- Grace stood in the doorway, a worried frown creasing her smooth, pale forehead.