Translation of fuel in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (for heating, lighting) combustible (masculine); (for engines) combustible (masculine), carburante (masculine) to add fuel to the flames o fire echar leña al fuego (before noun/delante del nombre) fuel crisis crisis (feminine) energética fuel policy política (feminine) energéticaExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (stimulus) acicate (masculine)
- The main imports are raw materials, petroleum-based fuels, and consumer goods.
- In 50 years' time there will be very little in the way of fuels to heat, cool, light and power the homes of a rising population, in Australia and worldwide.
- Almost all of the fuels used for transportation and the majority of the fuels used for heat and electricity come from petroleum products.
- The latest record by the David Lowery-led Cracker adds fuel to the argument that Americans don't understand irony.
- They are experienced enough to know how timing and careful selection of language can add fuel to inflamed prejudices.
- Although neither my friends nor myself ever owned one, these toy robots were fuel for the imagination.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- 1 (provide fuel for) [ship/plane] abastecer* de combustible; [stove/furnace] alimentar
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.