Translation of fume in Spanish:
- 1 (smoke) (Chemistry)despedir gasesExample sentences
- It was sounding like a scratched holodisc right now and smoke was fuming out of it's light receptor.
- Smoke fumed out from the hood and it looked like that something blew up.
- Birds, generally, will not tolerate human beings, especially human beings with gigantic clumsy flying machines that fume with black smoke and sound like a flying earthquake.
- 2 (be angry) [colloquial]she was absolutely fumingestaba que echaba humo or chispas or que bufaba [colloquial]Example sentences
- Of course there have been times when I have fumed at the end of the phone line when some official gave me an answer I didn't like but as I get older I realise that sometimes the answer has to be ‘No’.
- Motorists fumed at the blocked roads, rail travellers found many services severely hit and the RAC demanded a public inquiry into the nation's resources for coping with emergency conditions.
- Residents of the David Murray John Tower fumed at being left out in the cold for an hour after a second 30-year-old lift failed and security guards said they could not allow them to use the stairs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.