Translation of function in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of tool, machine, organ) to carry out/perform a functioncumplir/desempeñar una función1.2 (role, duty) it's not part of my function to do thateso no está dentro de mis funcionesthat seems to be my function in lifeesa parece ser mi misión en la vidait's his only useful functiones para lo único que sirveExample sentences
- But it does play on social mores and our embarrassment about natural bodily functions, albeit in a crude way.
- This is because, the article argues, they are a similar frequency to the type of electrical activity natural to cellular functions and so may cause interference.
- When a breast can't perform its natural functions, many women find it difficult to accept it as part of their body.
- 2(reception, party)
reunión (feminine) social(show)
función (feminine)Example sentences
- The crops of spring onions, lettuce and Chinese cabbage were given free to guests at a formal function to celebrate the event on Friday.
- ‘Oh, he's the smart one,’ she'd say with admiration at dinner parties and social functions.
- It was traditionally worn by kings, queens and other great figures of state during ceremonial events and functions.
- 3 (Mathematics) profit is a function of saleslas ganancias están en función de las ventasExample sentences
- His work is almost exclusively on calculus, in particular differential equations and functions of a real variable.
- Then of course the relevant integrals involve odd functions, and it results that the centroid lies on the y-axis.
- For example, the exponent b in the rate functions of the expressions in Eq. 5 was assigned a universal value.
- Spectral analysis decomposes a variable into underlying sine and cosine functions of particular wavelengths or cycles.
- Solving the equations of the best response functions gives expressions for equilibrium outputs.
- He found expressions for the Bessel functions as integrals involving Legendre functions.
- 4 (Computing)Example sentences
- Method and apparatus for presenting new computer software functions to a user based upon actual usage
- An icon is a graphic image that represents an available function on a computer's graphical user interface.
- Medical billing software with quick searching functions enables offices to quickly and effectively manage multiple databases worth of information.
- 1.1 (operate)(machine/organ)the tribunal functions through two sub-committees
funcionarel tribunal desempeña sus funciones a través de dos subcomisiones1.2 (serve)to function
hacer (las veces)
cumplir la función
- The tree was designed for a specific purpose, but it could no longer function as a tree.
- Boniface was also prominent in Frankish church reform and functioned as representative of the pope to the Franks.
- The more isolated the tasks are, the more you inhibit their ability to function as a team.
- Team efforts and long hours of work meant that the town was soon functioning normally.
- Her kidneys are working again, but we couldn't say they are functioning normally.
- He said the system had functioned well in the past and did not serve any specific group.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.