- 1 1.1 (of tool, machine, organ) función (feminine) to carry out/perform a function cumplir/desempeñar una función 1.2 (role, duty) función (feminine) it's not part of my function to do that eso no está dentro de mis funciones that seems to be my function in life esa parece ser mi misión en la vida it's his only useful function es para lo único que sirveMore example sentences
- But it does play on social mores and our embarrassment about natural bodily functions, albeit in a crude way.
- This is because, the article argues, they are a similar frequency to the type of electrical activity natural to cellular functions and so may cause interference.
- When a breast can't perform its natural functions, many women find it difficult to accept it as part of their body.
- 2 (reception, party) recepción (feminine), reunión (feminine) social; (show) función (feminine); (ceremony) acto (masculine), ceremonia (feminine)More example sentences
- The crops of spring onions, lettuce and Chinese cabbage were given free to guests at a formal function to celebrate the event on Friday.
- ‘Oh, he's the smart one,’ she'd say with admiration at dinner parties and social functions.
- It was traditionally worn by kings, queens and other great figures of state during ceremonial events and functions.
- 3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] función (feminine) profit is a function of sales las ganancias están en función de las ventasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- His work is almost exclusively on calculus, in particular differential equations and functions of a real variable.
- Then of course the relevant integrals involve odd functions, and it results that the centroid lies on the y-axis.
- For example, the exponent b in the rate functions of the expressions in Eq. 5 was assigned a universal value.
- Spectral analysis decomposes a variable into underlying sine and cosine functions of particular wavelengths or cycles.
- Solving the equations of the best response functions gives expressions for equilibrium outputs.
- He found expressions for the Bessel functions as integrals involving Legendre functions.
- 4 [Computing/Informática] función (feminine)More example sentences
- Method and apparatus for presenting new computer software functions to a user based upon actual usage
- An icon is a graphic image that represents an available function on a computer's graphical user interface.
- Medical billing software with quick searching functions enables offices to quickly and effectively manage multiple databases worth of information.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (operate) [machine/organ] funcionar the tribunal functions through two sub-committees el tribunal desempeña sus funciones a través de dos subcomisiones 1.2 (serve) to function
assth [object/building] hacer* (las veces) dealgo [word] cumplir la función dealgo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the