Translation of functional in Spanish:
- 1.1 (functioning) [machine/weapon/part] en buen estado (de funcionamiento); [law/rule/principle] vigenteExample sentences1.2 (practical) [furniture/design] funcional
Example sentences1.3 [Medicine/Medicina] [disease/disorder] funcional
- Perhaps the most interesting aspect is the contrast between this flamboyant style and some of the more functional, if effective, tactics employed by Europe's top sides.
- In fact, an attack may have no functional effect either - it may create directly an operational effect on the decisionmaker.
- The Dolby Digital 2.0 track is uninspiring, but completely functional and effective for a dialogue-driven feature.
- Once again, Pearl Izumi has designed a functional and attractive article of clothing that is not only great on the bike but in other uses as well.
- That is, sites that are attractive, practical, functional, and interesting.
- It's an attractive and functional design and a excellent exemplar of public art.
Example sentences1.4 [illiterate] funcional
- The challenge is to reliably sift out and satisfactorily reassure the 40% with functional disease without missing those with more serious pathology.
- Malnutrition, typhus, tuberculosis, sepsis, and universal diarrhoea (probably functional rather than infective) were rife.
- Patients with predominant epigastric pain without peptic ulcer disease or oesophagitis have functional dyspepsia.
- The cases have been described as either a ‘toxic psychosis’ or a functional psychosis.
- This discussion focuses on the acute treatment of functional psychosis.
- The main differential diagnosis of delirium is from a functional psychosis (such as schizophrenia and manic depression) and from dementia.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.