- 1.1 (functioning) [machine/weapon/part] en buen estado (de funcionamiento); [law/rule/principle] vigenteMore example sentences1.2 (practical) [furniture/design] funcional
More example sentences1.3 [Medicine/Medicina] [disease/disorder] funcional
- Perhaps the most interesting aspect is the contrast between this flamboyant style and some of the more functional, if effective, tactics employed by Europe's top sides.
- In fact, an attack may have no functional effect either - it may create directly an operational effect on the decisionmaker.
- The Dolby Digital 2.0 track is uninspiring, but completely functional and effective for a dialogue-driven feature.
More example sentences
- Once again, Pearl Izumi has designed a functional and attractive article of clothing that is not only great on the bike but in other uses as well.
- That is, sites that are attractive, practical, functional, and interesting.
- It's an attractive and functional design and a excellent exemplar of public art.
More example sentences1.4 [illiterate] funcional
- The challenge is to reliably sift out and satisfactorily reassure the 40% with functional disease without missing those with more serious pathology.
- Malnutrition, typhus, tuberculosis, sepsis, and universal diarrhoea (probably functional rather than infective) were rife.
- Patients with predominant epigastric pain without peptic ulcer disease or oesophagitis have functional dyspepsia.
- The cases have been described as either a ‘toxic psychosis’ or a functional psychosis.
- This discussion focuses on the acute treatment of functional psychosis.
- The main differential diagnosis of delirium is from a functional psychosis (such as schizophrenia and manic depression) and from dementia.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.