Translation of gadfly in Spanish:
noun plural -flies
- 1.1 (Zoology)Example sentences1.2 (person)
criticón, (-cona) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Later, Hera sent the notorious gadfly to continuously bite and irritate Io.
- She was tormented by a furious little gadfly that bit her mercilessly, though she flicked her tail this way and that.
- Zeus had once tried to seduce the lovely Io, but Hera, his jealous wife, had discovered her husband's intentions and turned poor Io into a cow, left to wander about the earth, constantly pursued and tormented by a pestilent gadfly.
- But he admits he is curious: what has the liberal gadfly done to annoy so many conservatives like him?
- The gadfly soon became an annoyance to both the MTA and the union, creating a newsletter which aired workers' grievances but criticised alleged union inaction.
- I have always considered him sort of a Socratic gadfly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the