noun/nombre (plural -flies)
- 1.1 [Zoology/Zoología] tábano (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (person) criticón, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences
- Later, Hera sent the notorious gadfly to continuously bite and irritate Io.
- She was tormented by a furious little gadfly that bit her mercilessly, though she flicked her tail this way and that.
- Zeus had once tried to seduce the lovely Io, but Hera, his jealous wife, had discovered her husband's intentions and turned poor Io into a cow, left to wander about the earth, constantly pursued and tormented by a pestilent gadfly.
- But he admits he is curious: what has the liberal gadfly done to annoy so many conservatives like him?
- The gadfly soon became an annoyance to both the MTA and the union, creating a newsletter which aired workers' grievances but criticised alleged union inaction.
- I have always considered him sort of a Socratic gadfly.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...