noun/nombre (plural -xies)
- 1.1 [Astronomy/Astronomía] galaxia (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of celebrities) constelación (feminine), pléyade (feminine)
- There are reckoned to be about 400 billion stars in our galaxy, the Milky Way.
- New planetary star systems and galaxies are being discovered almost daily.
- Or it may expand so fast that gravity could never pull galaxies together again.
More example sentences
- And he needs to be president of the Galaxy to do it.
- We realized that our Galaxy was just one of many billions of galaxies in the universe.
- On another note, this story takes place now, just in a different part of the galaxy.
- To create his galaxy of impressions, Baxter watched television avidly, even backstage between stage shows.
- The official website is now a positive galaxy of useful stuff.
- RSS-fortified radio on mobile phones opens a whole galaxy of possibilities.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.