Translation of gangmaster in Spanish:
- contratista (masculine, feminine) de mano de obra(especialmente indocumentada)Example sentences
- These sectors have regularly been found employing migrant labour through gangmasters who abuse workers.
- In particular we heard no evidence to satisfy us that the alleged subcontractors had agreed with the labourers or their gangmasters, in advance, as to the terms and conditions on which they were hired.
- As it will be much harder for gangmasters to employ illegal labour, the Home Office will be able to deem the Morecambe Bay problem ‘solved’.
Definition of gangmaster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.