Translation of gangway in Spanish:
- 1 (walkway — on ship) pasarela (feminine); (— on building site) pasarela (feminine) gangway! ¡abran paso!Example sentences
- As they dig amid the rubble, recovery workers are uncovering corridors and gangways that lead to the cavernous vaults below.
- On 2 July 1994 a 6-year-old boy fell off a gangway leading to a viewing platform on a New Zealand Rail train.
- Because shadows on the riverbed can disrupt underwater ecology, the gangways and above-surface portions of the pool wall may be made of Plexiglas.
- Local interest was further evident when the ship opened her gangway to the public.
- However, the metal gangway which joined ship to shore was badly damaged and cadets have been busy repairing it.
- The ship's company, resplendent in white, marched onboard and cheered ship, before CMDR Sammut was piped across the gangway for the first time.
- 2 (between rows of seats) (British English/inglés británico) pasillo (masculine)Example sentences
- The action takes place on an express train and a special set giving the impression of interior coaches was erected in the gangway of the theatre, with the audience seated on either side.
- By late 1945, when I was transferred to the North Atlantic route, the Liberator had elementary heating and two rows of seats with a central gangway, but still no steward.
- None of which saved me from a hand down my trousers after I was hauled aside for a random check on the gangway leading to the aircraft.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.