Translation of gap in Spanish:
- 1 (space) leave a gap between the desksdeja un espacio entre los escritoriosleave a generous gap between the bulbsplante los bulbos bien espaciadoslook out for a gap in the traffic
deje bastante espacio entre los bulbosespera a que no pase nadathe light filtered in through a gapla luz se filtraba por una rendijaa gap in the hedgeun claro or un hueco en el setoshe has a gap between her front teethtiene los dientes de adelante separadosExample sentences
- Select a tree that is uniformly shaped on all sides without gaps or holes where branches are broken or missing.
- The metal work done on the aft booms was of poor quality, with putty applied in an attempt to cover over gaps around screw holes.
- He watches carefully where he treads so as to avoid some of the bigger holes and gaps between the half-rotten floorboards.
- 2 2.1 (in argument, knowledge)Example sentences
Example sentences2.2 (in time) in the gaps between mouthfuls
- However a lapse of almost two years since the last scheme has left a gap in continuity.
- What struck him while interviewing him were the gaps in his life story.
- For example, when a nurse cares for two or more patients and must divide attention between them there is a potential for gaps in the continuity of care.
entre bocado y bocado2.3 (disparity) the gap between supply and demandla distancia or la brecha entre la oferta y la demandato bridge the gapsalvar la distancia2.4 (void) her death left a terrible gap in my lifesu muerte dejó un terrible vacío en mi vidato fill or plug a gap in the marketllenar un vacío or un hueco en el mercado
- How many times over the years has the music industry played up records bridging the gap between jazz and hip hop?
- But his chances of bridging the gap with only five racing days to go are virtually non-existent.
- Employers are ditching company schemes, yet no-one seems to be bridging the gap with private savings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.