- 1 (space) espacio (masculine) leave a gap between the desks deja un espacio entre los escritorios leave a generous gap between the bulbs plante los bulbos bien espaciados, deje bastante espacio entre los bulbos look out for a gap in the traffic espera a que no pase nada the light filtered in through a gap la luz se filtraba por una rendija a gap in the hedge un claro or un hueco en el seto she has a gap between her front teeth tiene los dientes de adelante separadosMore example sentences
- Select a tree that is uniformly shaped on all sides without gaps or holes where branches are broken or missing.
- The metal work done on the aft booms was of poor quality, with putty applied in an attempt to cover over gaps around screw holes.
- He watches carefully where he treads so as to avoid some of the bigger holes and gaps between the half-rotten floorboards.
- 2 2.1 (in argument, knowledge) laguna (feminine) 2.2 (in time) intervalo (masculine), interrupción (feminine) in the gaps between mouthfuls entre bocado y bocado 2.3 (disparity) distancia (feminine), brecha (feminine) the gap between supply and demand la distancia or la brecha entre la oferta y la demanda to bridge the gap salvar la distancia 2.4 (void) vacío (masculine) her death left a terrible gap in my life su muerte dejó un terrible vacío en mi vida to fill o plug a gap in the market llenar un vacío or un hueco en el mercadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- However a lapse of almost two years since the last scheme has left a gap in continuity.
- What struck him while interviewing him were the gaps in his life story.
- For example, when a nurse cares for two or more patients and must divide attention between them there is a potential for gaps in the continuity of care.
- How many times over the years has the music industry played up records bridging the gap between jazz and hip hop?
- But his chances of bridging the gap with only five racing days to go are virtually non-existent.
- Employers are ditching company schemes, yet no-one seems to be bridging the gap with private savings.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.