Translation of gather in Spanish:
- (crowd)they gathered round the table
juntarsese reunieron or se agruparon en torno a la mesathe storm clouds were gatheringse avecinaba la tormentaExample sentences
- Philip's statement brought a ripple of laughter from the crowd of assembled contestants gathered around the archery range.
- Mike looked around at the assemblage gathered around him.
- I still remember a lover's quarrel last February when I'd walked desolately along Madison Avenue, only to come across a small crowd gathered around the store.
- 1 1.1 (amass)(people)to gather dust
reunirjuntar or acumular polvothe typewriters are just gathering dustlas máquinas de escribir están ahí sin hacer nadaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (marshal)
- Nevertheless here, and in the Source book, material previously scattered in archives is gathered together and ordered.
- All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable.
- The main sources used to gather information were as follows.
- The abundance of apple sellers, though, harks back to the old days when all the crops would be gathered in and no fruit picked after this date for the puca, a supernatural being, would be busy spoiling unpicked fruit at Halloween.
- August to November heralds another period of fair weather, when the harvest is gathered in.
- To most Pagans Samhain is a sacred day - a time when the last harvests are gathered in before winter's arrival, and the time when family members who have passed away are remembered and honored.
poner en orden(strength/energy)
hacer acopio deExample sentences1.3 (gain gradually)
- Somehow, they gathered themselves to beat Limerick in the first round of the qualifiers but the core discontent hadn't been addressed.
- He gathered himself up with as much dignity as he could muster before glaring at me.
- Thankfully that was not the case as the lads once again gathered themselves and shot two late points to secure that all-important victory.
ir adquiriendoExample sentences
- Colliding with shorter broken lines along the way, each element seems to gather energy and speed in a display of centrifugal force.
- Smoke twisted from the jaws of the stack, the big wheel turned, slowly at first, gathering momentum and speed.
- The desire for speed gathered momentum in the twentieth century as America's strategic obligations broadened across the globe.
- 2 (conclude) I gather from what you're saying that you don't agreededuzco por or de lo que dices que no estás de acuerdoyou don't agree, I gathersegún parece no estás de acuerdoI didn't gather much from the doctorel médico no me dijo gran cosayou will have gathered who he is by nowya te habrás dado cuenta de quién esshe's left her job — so I gatherha dejado el trabajo — así parece or eso tengo entendidoExample sentences
- You will have gathered by now that it would be an understatement to say he is no admirer of his subject.
- The director, one gathers, wants a Paris Commune purified of all its difficult and perhaps unpleasant associations, a kind of utopian model to hold out to today's radical protesters.
- Indeed, the genre blurring of the title is intended, one gathers, to apply not only to Manet and Flaubert but also to Reed's own text.
- [literary]to gather oneselfprepararse
- The two embrace and gather the child between them.
- In the next instant I felt him pulling me to him, gathering me into his arms.
- She reached out for him, with both hands outstretched, and he responded by standing, and gently pulling her to her feet, and gathering her into his arms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.