Translation of geek in Spanish:
noun(American English) [colloquial]
- 1.1 (socially inept person)ganso, (-sa) [colloquial]
pazguato, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (obsessive enthusiast)
obseso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)computer geekExample sentences
- His attempts to play a socially inept geek are awkward.
- They weren't even socially dysfunctional geeks.
- They were a group made up mostly of men who were all nerds and geeks and dorks in high school who went on to become brilliant and funny and irresistible in college.
- I've also been a computer geek hobbyist for about 20 years, but I couldn't program or solder my way out of a paper bag.
- Wine tasters have their own vocabulary or jargon, just like other groups of enthusiasts: computer geeks, ballroom dancers, etc.
- I responded in a manner befitting a grown adult and fellow professional in the computer geek press.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.