- 1.1 (stone) gema (feminine), piedra (feminine) preciosa/semipreciosa; (jewel) joya (feminine), alhaja (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (person) [colloquial/familiar] tesoro (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], joyita (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
More example sentences1.3 (wonderful example) joya (feminine) his collection contains some real gems en su colección hay verdaderas joyas she came out with some real gems dijo cosas de antología
- These ornaments are made in silver, and precious and semi-precious gems are used to embellish them.
- On display are approximately two hundred examples of semiprecious and precious gems, decorative stones, and outstanding pieces of jewelry.
- Members were instructed in the various settings of precious stones and gems.
- The cathedral is now a vibrant and living component of the cultural and religious life of Waterford city and is one of our most treasured architectural gems.
- Now you can find all of these wonderful pop gems living in a different world.
- One of the city's architectural gems is to be restored to glory by a multi-million pound revamp - but some of Manchester's oldest trees will be felled in the process.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.