Translation of gender in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c [Linguistics/Lingüística] género (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (sex) sexo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [role/stereotype] sexual; [crisis] de identidad sexual gender gap o divide brecha (feminine) de género or entre los géneros
- As is well known, nouns in German are assigned to one of three genders, masculine, feminine, and neuter.
- Modern English has also lost its system of classifying nouns into three grammatical genders, as still occurs in German.
- This North Queensland language has four genders: masculine, feminine, edible and neuter.
- It is a rule of Italian that the definite article has to ‘agree’ with the noun in gender.
- Nouns are marked for gender, number, and case as well as for definite and indefinite forms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.