Translation of generate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [heat/light] generar; [power/gas/fumes] producir*, generarExample sentences1.2 (create) [hostility] provocar*, generar; [interest] generar, despertar*, suscitar; [jobs/revenue] generar
- Solar energy is used to generate electricity through photovoltaic arrays, and to heat water by direct radiation.
- These oscillating sound waves in the traveling-wave engine drive the piston of a linear alternator that generates electricity.
- Electricity is generated by the power station during peak demand periods.
- Investing creates an asset that generates passive income such as rent on a property or profits from a business venture.
- The more Web savvy firms are more than twice as successful in generating sales and creating a better ‘customer experience’, said the report.
- It will also create jobs and generate income for the local economy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.