Translation of generative in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Linguistics/Lingüística] generativoExample sentences1.2 [Biology/Biología] generativo
- During this period, he became a leading figure in US linguistics, replacing a mechanistic and behaviouristic view of language with a mentalistic and generative approach.
- Functionalism as a linguistic approach is different from generative and cognitive approaches in that it makes no claim as to the cognitive reality of the mechanisms it proposes - that matter is irrelevant to its usefulness.
- The whole question is fascinating, because generative linguists have not tended to be interested in this question.
- There are two possible methods by which this could arise: by generative reproduction via unreduced gametes or by somatic mutations.
- Each haploid cell undergoes a mitotic division to produce the generative and vegetative nuclei.
- Continuing the consideration of the influence of the generative organs in the production of insanity, I come now to puerperal insanity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.