Translation of germ in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 [Biology/Biología] [Botany/Botánica] germen (masculine) 2.2 (beginning) the germ of an idea el germen de una ideaExample sentences
- But since pasteurisation kills not only germs but also useful bacteria, a culture is added to the milk in order to reintroduce all essential bacteria.
- Like many germs, the bacteria that cause botulism in infants are everywhere in the environment.
- The hands that treat patients and the instruments used to save lives could be spreading deadly germs.
- Many multicellular organisms have a germ that is segregated early in the development.
- These bodies are obviously organized, resembling in all points the germs of the lowest organisms, and diverse in size and structure.
- A mesenchymal signal triggers an ectodermal cell to proliferate and the cells grow downward to form a hair germ.
- Parching destroys the germ so the seed will not sprout, hardens the kernel, and loosens the tight hull so it can be removed.
- After the husk is removed, the rice is milled to remove the bran and the germ or embryo.
- Damage occurs when beetles feed on the seed and destroy the germ, resulting in an uneven stand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.