Translation of gerrymander in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] [state/district] dividir injustamente ([ para beneficiar a un partido ])Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (manipulate unfairly) manipular
- He said the party had impoverished its supporters and predicted that they would turn against the ruling party, no matter how the constituency boundaries were gerrymandered.
- Politicians have come to see manipulation of the vote much as they see gerrymandering boundaries of voting districts - all part of the electoral game.
- If anything, it reinforced perceptions that the board and the ANC were simply gerrymandering provincial boundaries to suit short-term political ends.
- A gerrymandered election does not make for a democracy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.