Translation of giant in Spanish:
- 1 (physical)gigante, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)he was a giant of a manera un gigantón [colloquial]Example sentences
- We hired horses and rode, as Paddy did, between tall forest giants, listening to the jungle buzz and background twitterings.
- Historic parkland in North Yorkshire is now home to some gentle giants of the animal kingdom - a herd of North American bison.
- Not even the tallest of giants could climb over it, as the arch was directly connected to the ceiling.
- 2 (in importance, influence) an intellectual giantuna lumbreraa literary giantun coloso de la literaturaa publishing giantun gigante del mundo editoriala giant of the automobile industry (American English)un gigante de la industria automotrizExample sentences
- In the global South, however, higher risk and lower rates of return mean that the water giants require massive public financing to make privatization work.
- These companies are stock market giants which can turn huge profits on their products, but they do not face the same outright opposition.
- There, Chandler concluded that the management of corporate giants had superseded market mechanisms as the defining element of economic activity.
- He moved quietly among established giants, even though his own talent outstripped that of nearly everyone he played with or against.
- Dawson, who died in 1970, was once hailed as a giant among historians and philosophers of history, but is almost forgotten today.
- The intellectual giants of history may not all have been happy men, but they were all successful men.
- (before noun)(object/building/organization)
gigantescas or colosales rebajasExample sentences
- The workers are showing their determination to force the giant transport firm to give them a decent rise.
- And I have always been impressed with the immense pride the station's men and women take in the maintenance and efficiency of the giant transport planes.
- Every giant multinational corporation was a seed once.
- In the classroom, they explored the life cycle of the giant moth, tadpoles' transformation into frogs, and plant growth.
- From these reptiles would come some of the greatest creatures in the history of earth; the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the giant sauropods, to name a few.
- This mixture is based on black salt and asefetida, a resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant that has a strong odor of onion and garlic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.