Translation of giant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (physical)gigante, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)he was a giant of a manera un gigantón [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (in importance, influence) an intellectual giant
una lumbreraa literary giantun coloso de la literaturaa publishing giantun gigante del mundo editoriala giant of the automobile industry (American English)un gigante de la industria automotrizExample sentences
- We hired horses and rode, as Paddy did, between tall forest giants, listening to the jungle buzz and background twitterings.
- Historic parkland in North Yorkshire is now home to some gentle giants of the animal kingdom - a herd of North American bison.
- Not even the tallest of giants could climb over it, as the arch was directly connected to the ceiling.
- In the global South, however, higher risk and lower rates of return mean that the water giants require massive public financing to make privatization work.
- These companies are stock market giants which can turn huge profits on their products, but they do not face the same outright opposition.
- There, Chandler concluded that the management of corporate giants had superseded market mechanisms as the defining element of economic activity.
- He moved quietly among established giants, even though his own talent outstripped that of nearly everyone he played with or against.
- Dawson, who died in 1970, was once hailed as a giant among historians and philosophers of history, but is almost forgotten today.
- The intellectual giants of history may not all have been happy men, but they were all successful men.
- (before noun)(object/building/organization)
gigantescas or colosales rebajasExample sentences
- The workers are showing their determination to force the giant transport firm to give them a decent rise.
- And I have always been impressed with the immense pride the station's men and women take in the maintenance and efficiency of the giant transport planes.
- Every giant multinational corporation was a seed once.
- In the classroom, they explored the life cycle of the giant moth, tadpoles' transformation into frogs, and plant growth.
- From these reptiles would come some of the greatest creatures in the history of earth; the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the giant sauropods, to name a few.
- This mixture is based on black salt and asefetida, a resin obtained from the rhizome of the giant fennel plant that has a strong odor of onion and garlic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.