Translation of giant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (physical) gigante, (masculine, feminine) he was a giant of a man era un gigantón [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (in importance, influence) gigante (masculine) an intellectual giant una lumbrera a literary giant un coloso de la literatura a publishing giant un gigante del mundo editorial a giant of the automobile industry (American English/inglés norteamericano) un gigante de la industria automotriz
- We hired horses and rode, as Paddy did, between tall forest giants, listening to the jungle buzz and background twitterings.
- Historic parkland in North Yorkshire is now home to some gentle giants of the animal kingdom - a herd of North American bison.
- Not even the tallest of giants could climb over it, as the arch was directly connected to the ceiling.
- In the global South, however, higher risk and lower rates of return mean that the water giants require massive public financing to make privatization work.
- These companies are stock market giants which can turn huge profits on their products, but they do not face the same outright opposition.
- There, Chandler concluded that the management of corporate giants had superseded market mechanisms as the defining element of economic activity.
- He moved quietly among established giants, even though his own talent outstripped that of nearly everyone he played with or against.
- Dawson, who died in 1970, was once hailed as a giant among historians and philosophers of history, but is almost forgotten today.
- The intellectual giants of history may not all have been happy men, but they were all successful men.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...