Translation of gift in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (present)(Religion)may I present you with a small gift?
ofrenda (feminine)¿puedo hacerle un pequeño obsequio? [formal]your gift could save a child's lifesu donación podría salvar la vida de un niñothe perfect gift for the woman who has everythingel regalo perfecto para la mujer que lo tiene todoel obsequio perfecto para la mujer que lo tiene todo [formal]a free gift in every packet (Business)un obsequio en cada paqueteit was a giftme lo regalaronit's a gift at that price
es un regaloa ese precio es una ganga or un regalo [colloquial]the exam was a gift [colloquial]el examen estaba regalado or tirado [colloquial]a gift from the gods never look a gift horse in the moutha caballo regalado no le mires el diente or no se le miran los dientesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (power of bestowal) [formal]to be in the gift of somebody
- The couple decided to forego wedding presents and gifts totalling £900 were handed over to the hospital.
- The toasts were made, the wedding gifts presented, and finally we dined.
- I'll get you your final pay together as well as a bonus as a wedding gift, to help things along.
estar en manos de alguienthe appointment to this post is in the gift of the presidentle incumbe al presidente hacer este nombramiento
- The theme behind the design is the gift of perfume for Mother's Day, but the execution is that of stylized glamour.
- Aside from the gift of time, mothers like to feel pampered.
- 2 (talent) her artistic giftssu talento artísticoto have a gift for something/
sus dotes artísticas
-ingshe has a gift for poetrytiene talento para la poesíahe has a gift for making people laughtiene el don de saber hacer reír a la gentehe has a gift for saying the wrong thing [ironic]tiene el don de la inoportunidad [ironic]the gift of the gab o ( (American English) also) the gift of gab [colloquial]labia (feminine) [colloquial]he has the gift of the gabtiene mucha labia [colloquial]tiene un pico de oro [colloquial]Example sentences
- Yet the core of Boyd's ability, the essence of his talent, is his gift for finishing.
- Advertising folks who do this best have a natural gift for empathizing with the customers they hope to seduce.
- She had a natural gift for it and has kept with it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.