- 1 uncountable/no numerable (finish) dorado (masculine) to take the gilt off the gingerbread (British English/inglés británico) quitarle la gracia a algo (before noun/delante del nombre) [finish/frame] doradoMore example sentences
- Follow the application instructions for your choice of finish, paint or gilt.
- Let us peel away some of the layers of gilt and glimpse at some of the failures.
- Crafted in silver and gilt, the 60-cm high trophy features a golden globe held aloft by three silver columns.
- 2(gilts plural)[Finance/Finanzas] (British English/inglés británico) papel (masculine) del estadoMore example sentences
- It is almost certainly better than leaving your money in the bank or buying fixed interest investments such as government gilts.
- People are selling stock to buy gilts (UK government bonds).
- That meant investing more in safer government gilts.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.