Translation of gilt in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (finish) dorado (masculine) to take the gilt off the gingerbread (British English/inglés británico) quitarle la gracia a algo (before noun/delante del nombre) [finish/frame] doradoExample sentences
- Follow the application instructions for your choice of finish, paint or gilt.
- Let us peel away some of the layers of gilt and glimpse at some of the failures.
- Crafted in silver and gilt, the 60-cm high trophy features a golden globe held aloft by three silver columns.
- 2(gilts plural)[Finance] (British English/inglés británico) papel (masculine) del estadoExample sentences
- It is almost certainly better than leaving your money in the bank or buying fixed interest investments such as government gilts.
- People are selling stock to buy gilts (UK government bonds).
- That meant investing more in safer government gilts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the