Translation of gilt in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (finish) to take the gilt off the gingerbread (British English)quitarle la gracia a algo(before noun) (finish/frame)
- Follow the application instructions for your choice of finish, paint or gilt.
- Let us peel away some of the layers of gilt and glimpse at some of the failures.
- Crafted in silver and gilt, the 60-cm high trophy features a golden globe held aloft by three silver columns.
- 2also: gilts plural(Finance)(British English)
papel (masculine) del estadoExample sentences
- It is almost certainly better than leaving your money in the bank or buying fixed interest investments such as government gilts.
- People are selling stock to buy gilts (UK government bonds).
- That meant investing more in safer government gilts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.