Translation of glare in Spanish:
- 1 countable (stare)mirada (feminine) (hostil, feroz, de odio etc)she shot him a glare of anger/defiancele lanzó una mirada iracunda/desafianteExample sentences
- Both sides were throwing glares and looks of contempt.
- His remark was met with various glares and dirty looks.
- Nine of the ten pilots were sitting around on crates or boxes, talking to each other, shooting glares and dirty looks at the remaining one.
- 2 uncountable (light)resplandor (masculine)the glare of publicity
luz (feminine) deslumbradoralas luces or los focos de la publicidadExample sentences
- Similarly, an anti-reflection coating can be given to avoid glare from light.
- The site is also relatively long in the east-west direction, so avoiding the sun's glare at dawn and in the late afternoon.
- The instrument faces are coated with electro-chromatic device which regulates glare according to ambient light levels.
- 1 (stare)to glare
atsomebodyfulminar a alguien con la miradaExample sentences
- Anthon glared at her, angry that she wasn't doing what she was told.
- She swallowed painfully and glared at the angry red and bleeding hole in his shoulder.
- Joshua came back out of the bathroom wearing a scowl, and glared at the other two.
- 2 (shine) the sun glared (down) relentlesslyel sol caía implacableExample sentences
- I woke to the sun glaring in my face, the bright light blinding me.
- It was a cold and empty room, with harsh white light glaring above.
- Above him, a bright fluorescent light was glaring down, making his head ache.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.