Translation of glare in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (stare) mirada (feminine) ([ hostil, feroz, de odio etc ]) she shot him a glare of anger/defiance le lanzó una mirada iracunda/desafianteExample sentences
- Both sides were throwing glares and looks of contempt.
- His remark was met with various glares and dirty looks.
- Nine of the ten pilots were sitting around on crates or boxes, talking to each other, shooting glares and dirty looks at the remaining one.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (light) resplandor (masculine), luz (feminine) deslumbradora the glare of publicity las luces or los focos de la publicidadExample sentences
- Similarly, an anti-reflection coating can be given to avoid glare from light.
- The site is also relatively long in the east-west direction, so avoiding the sun's glare at dawn and in the late afternoon.
- The instrument faces are coated with electro-chromatic device which regulates glare according to ambient light levels.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.