- 1 countable/numerable (stare) mirada (feminine) ([ hostil, feroz, de odio etc ]) she shot him a glare of anger/defiance le lanzó una mirada iracunda/desafianteMore example sentences
- Both sides were throwing glares and looks of contempt.
- His remark was met with various glares and dirty looks.
- Nine of the ten pilots were sitting around on crates or boxes, talking to each other, shooting glares and dirty looks at the remaining one.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (light) resplandor (masculine), luz (feminine) deslumbradora the glare of publicity las luces or los focos de la publicidadMore example sentences
- Similarly, an anti-reflection coating can be given to avoid glare from light.
- The site is also relatively long in the east-west direction, so avoiding the sun's glare at dawn and in the late afternoon.
- The instrument faces are coated with electro-chromatic device which regulates glare according to ambient light levels.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the