Translation of glass in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (material)(crystal)a pane of glassthe burglars broke the glass to get inun vidrioun cristal (Spain)broken glasslos ladrones rompieron el vidrio or (Spain) el cristal para entrarto be grown under glassvidrio rotocristales rotos (Spain)(plant)cultivarse en invernadero(before noun) (door/roof)a glass casede vidriode cristal (Spain)a glass eyeuna vitrinaun ojo de vidrio or (Spain) de cristalExample sentences1.2 (glassware)
- I closed my eyes and leaned against the cool glass window, feeling sick.
- Silica is one of the basic materials of sand and it forms glass when it fuses.
- For anyone who does not know, glass is a hard, transparent or translucent brittle material that does not dissolve is not flammable.
- The firm sells high quality china, glass and collectables.
- There will also be antique glass, china, furniture and metalware on display.
- Lesser items, such as old magazines, inexpensive glass and china ware, may just sit in boxes.
- 2 countable (vessel)(with stem)a champagne glassa glass of champagneuna copa de champána set of crystal glassesuna copa de champánplease raise your glasses to our guestun juego de copas/vasos de cristalshe gets quite talkative when she's had a glass or twobrindemos por nuestro invitadocuando se ha tomado unas copas le da por hablarExample sentences
- First of all, you should always be drinking quality beers out of a glass.
- I once saw a girl drinking beer from a pint glass with a straw.
- His picture decorates stickers, cigarette lighters, record sleeves, cups, beer glasses and so on - Che is omnipresent.
- 3also: glasses plural3.1 (spectacles)he wears glassesgafas (feminine plural)anteojos (masculine plural) (especially Latin America)3.2lleva gafasusa lentes or anteojos (especially Latin America)also: field glasses
- 5 countable (barometer) See examples: the glass is rising/fallingla presión (atmosférica or barométrica) está subiendo/bajando
- 6 (mirror) [dated]Example sentences
- This allows you to scrutinize as much of the glass lens elements as possible.
- Somewhere outside there was a street lamp, it was caught in the glass, repeated, magnified and diminished, countless times.
- Etta was a very austere widow who wore a little glass lens on a chain around her neck and held it up to peer at Norm and I whenever she visited us.
- When he sat in front of the massive picture window that framed his easel, the glass mirrored his likeness under a mammoth magnolia tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.