Translation of glean in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Agriculture)Example sentences1.2 (collect) to glean something
- Third, commoning is a collective endeavor as depicted, for example, in the many paintings of gleaning the harvest.
- In the open-field areas of northern France they could glean after harvest and their cattle could graze on the stubble.
- They were not to glean their fields for stray grain, nor harvest the corners.
fromsomething/somebodyfigures gleaned from the official year bookcifras extraídas del anuario oficialwe can glean some hope from what he told uslo que nos dijo es bastante esperanzadorI gleaned from her that …de lo que dijo deduje que …Example sentences
- Much information is gleaned from secondary sources or has been covered in more detail elsewhere by previous authors.
- Most of her war information is gleaned from her twice-weekly phone chats with her husband.
- Information was gleaned from operating reports dictated for the surgical procedures and available for review.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.