Translation of glean in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Agriculture)Example sentences1.2 (collect) to glean something
- Third, commoning is a collective endeavor as depicted, for example, in the many paintings of gleaning the harvest.
- In the open-field areas of northern France they could glean after harvest and their cattle could graze on the stubble.
- They were not to glean their fields for stray grain, nor harvest the corners.
fromsomething/somebodyfigures gleaned from the official year bookwe can glean some hope from what he told uscifras extraídas del anuario oficialI gleaned from her that …lo que nos dijo es bastante esperanzadorde lo que dijo deduje que …Example sentences
- Much information is gleaned from secondary sources or has been covered in more detail elsewhere by previous authors.
- Most of her war information is gleaned from her twice-weekly phone chats with her husband.
- Information was gleaned from operating reports dictated for the surgical procedures and available for review.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.