transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Agric] espigar*More example sentences1.2 (collect) [information/knowledge/facts] recoger*, cosecharto glean sth
- Third, commoning is a collective endeavor as depicted, for example, in the many paintings of gleaning the harvest.
- In the open-field areas of northern France they could glean after harvest and their cattle could graze on the stubble.
- They were not to glean their fields for stray grain, nor harvest the corners.
fromsth/sb figures gleaned from the official year book cifras extraídas del anuario oficial we can glean some hope from what he told us lo que nos dijo es bastante esperanzador I gleaned from her that … de lo que dijo deduje que …More example sentences
- Much information is gleaned from secondary sources or has been covered in more detail elsewhere by previous authors.
- Most of her war information is gleaned from her twice-weekly phone chats with her husband.
- Information was gleaned from operating reports dictated for the surgical procedures and available for review.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.