Translation of glee in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (delight)júbilo (masculine) [literary]to laugh/shout with gleereírse/gritar de alegría or con regocijohe listened with great glee to their sorry talese regodeaba al oír su triste historiaExample sentences
- Too often their misfortunes are met with glee, a schadenfreude that is quite horrifying.
- Of course e-cards and virtual flowers are also welcome with great amounts of joy and glee.
- Between each new variation comes another burst of jubilant glee.
- 2 countable (Music)(composición para tres o más voces sin acompañamiento)Example sentences
- Later, boys were paid to sing treble parts at meetings of glee clubs, and glees for SATB became more common.
- Instrumental tutors were published and glees (simple part-songs for male voices) became popular.
- Women were still restricted to the parlor, where they played keyboard instruments and the ‘English guitar’ and sang solos and a range of polite glees for upper and mixed voices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.