Translation of glee in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (delight) regocijo (masculine), júbilo (masculine) [literary/literario] to laugh/shout with glee reírse*/gritar de alegría or con regocijo he listened with great glee to their sorry tale se regodeaba al oír su triste historiaExample sentences
- Too often their misfortunes are met with glee, a schadenfreude that is quite horrifying.
- Of course e-cards and virtual flowers are also welcome with great amounts of joy and glee.
- Between each new variation comes another burst of jubilant glee.
- 2 countable/numerable [Music/Música][ composición para tres o más voces sin acompañamiento ]Example sentences
- Later, boys were paid to sing treble parts at meetings of glee clubs, and glees for SATB became more common.
- Instrumental tutors were published and glees (simple part-songs for male voices) became popular.
- Women were still restricted to the parlor, where they played keyboard instruments and the ‘English guitar’ and sang solos and a range of polite glees for upper and mixed voices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.