Translation of glimmer in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [candles/fireflies/lanterns] brillar con luz trémula the stream glimmers in the moonlight la luz de la luna cabrillea en el arroyo [literary/literario]Example sentences
- It was sundown, the skies were dark orange, the temple and its worshippers glimmered in pools of light and dark.
- His short blond hair glimmered in the light which shone into the walkways and halls.
- Her spectacles caught the light from somewhere and glimmered under the straight blonde of her hair.
- 1.1 (of candle, light) luz (feminine) débil or tenue y trémula 1.2 (of understanding) atisbo (masculine) there's a glimmer of hope hay un rayo or un rayito de esperanza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the