Translation of glimmer in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [candles/fireflies/lanterns] brillar con luz trémula the stream glimmers in the moonlight la luz de la luna cabrillea en el arroyo [literary/literario]Example sentences
- It was sundown, the skies were dark orange, the temple and its worshippers glimmered in pools of light and dark.
- His short blond hair glimmered in the light which shone into the walkways and halls.
- Her spectacles caught the light from somewhere and glimmered under the straight blonde of her hair.
- 1.1 (of candle, light) luz (feminine) débil or tenue y trémula 1.2 (of understanding) atisbo (masculine) there's a glimmer of hope hay un rayo or un rayito de esperanza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.