intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [candles/fireflies/lanterns] brillar con luz trémula the stream glimmers in the moonlight la luz de la luna cabrillea en el arroyo [literary/literario]More example sentences
- It was sundown, the skies were dark orange, the temple and its worshippers glimmered in pools of light and dark.
- His short blond hair glimmered in the light which shone into the walkways and halls.
- Her spectacles caught the light from somewhere and glimmered under the straight blonde of her hair.
- 1.1 (of candle, light) luz (feminine) débil or tenue y trémula 1.2 (of understanding) atisbo (masculine) there's a glimmer of hope hay un rayo or un rayito de esperanza
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.