- 1 1.1 (moral worth) bondad (feminine) he did it out of the goodness of his heart lo hizo de lo bondadoso or bueno que esMore example sentences1.2 (of food) valor (masculine) nutritivo canned food loses a lot of its goodness los alimentos enlatados pierden gran parte de su valor nutritivo
More example sentences
- Hope draws its power from a deep trust in higher being and the basic goodness of human nature
- Basic goodness transcends the concepts of good and bad.
- But along with my innocent childhood belief in the resurrection of rock music and the essential goodness of mankind, this myth was shattered too.
- Some of them even went so far as to ingest tape worms to avoid their bodies absorbing the goodness from food and so remaining thin (some people today still do this).
- The food nourishes, provides nutrients and goodness, yet the left-overs are generally uniform and of a recurring theme.
- At least, not now, with the goodness and warmth of the food spreading within him.
- 2 (in interj phrases, as intensifier) (my) goodness! ¡Dios (mío)! goodness me/gracious! ¡Dios mío!, ¡válgame Dios! how long will it take? — goodness (only) knows! ¿cuánto tiempo tardará? — ¡vaya usted a saber! goodness knows, I only wanted to help Dios sabe que solo quería ayudar I hope to goodness he'll be all right ojalá or Dios quiera que no le pase nada surely to goodness you're not going like that? ¡válgame Dios! no irás a ir así ¿no? sake1 3
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.