Translation of goodness in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (moral worth) he did it out of the goodness of his heartlo hizo de lo bondadoso or bueno que esExample sentences1.2 (of food) canned food loses a lot of its goodness
los alimentos enlatados pierden gran parte de su valor nutritivoExample sentences
- Hope draws its power from a deep trust in higher being and the basic goodness of human nature
- Basic goodness transcends the concepts of good and bad.
- But along with my innocent childhood belief in the resurrection of rock music and the essential goodness of mankind, this myth was shattered too.
- Some of them even went so far as to ingest tape worms to avoid their bodies absorbing the goodness from food and so remaining thin (some people today still do this).
- The food nourishes, provides nutrients and goodness, yet the left-overs are generally uniform and of a recurring theme.
- At least, not now, with the goodness and warmth of the food spreading within him.
- 2 (in interjectional phrases) (as intensifier)(my) goodness!¡Dios (mío)!goodness me/gracious!¡Dios mío!how long will it take? — goodness (only) knows!
¡válgame Dios!¿cuánto tiempo tardará? — ¡vaya usted a saber!goodness knows, I only wanted to helpDios sabe que solo quería ayudarI hope to goodness he'll be all rightojalá or Dios quiera que no le pase nadasurely to goodness you're not going like that?¡válgame Dios! no irás a ir así ¿no?→ sake1 3
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.