Translation of gouge in Spanish:
- 1.1 (tool) gubia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (groove) boquete (masculine)
- A chisel, two gouges, jewelers' shears, and the plane blade were made in Sheffield.
- A pod auger requires a starting hole which usually is made with a gouge or chisel.
- The students are cautioned to cut away from themselves because the gouge blades are sharp.
- The knife in my hands slipped when the wagon hit a rut, nicking a rogue gouge from the piece of wood I was absently whittling down to a toothpick.
- Regular inspection helps workers to screen for equipment that may have been weakened by corrosion, leakage, pitting, dents or gouges.
- Old carpet samples or large pieces of cardboard are great for sliding appliances out of position, while at the same time, protecting the floor from gouges or scratches.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 [person] (American English/inglés norteamericano) extorsionar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.