Translation of gouge in Spanish:
- 2 (groove)Example sentences
- The knife in my hands slipped when the wagon hit a rut, nicking a rogue gouge from the piece of wood I was absently whittling down to a toothpick.
- Regular inspection helps workers to screen for equipment that may have been weakened by corrosion, leakage, pitting, dents or gouges.
- Old carpet samples or large pieces of cardboard are great for sliding appliances out of position, while at the same time, protecting the floor from gouges or scratches.
- 1 (cut out)Example sentences
- At the rear of the craft struts integral to the ship's docking facilities were bent and crumpled as it hit stern-first, gouging a huge rut through the earth.
- The big storm last week caused some damage, especially near Coles Corner, where the giant waves gouged a hole in the sea wall and washed out some of the pavement.
- Witnesses said the blast gouged a hole in the ground and propelled the car about 30 ft.
- 2(person) (US)
- With the buzz about a possible war helping to drive prices ever higher, we'll look at whether profiteers are gouging you by the gallon.
- Most airlines in the US will gouge you for taking your bicycle on board, but the Mexican airlines usually let it pass as just another piece of luggage.
- Is it possible the insurance companies are gouging us?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.