- 1.1 (as drinking vessel)calabaza seca empleada como vasija mate (masculine) (South America/América del Sur) , jícara (feminine) (Central America, Colombia, Mexico/América Central, Colombia, México) , guaje (masculine) (Mexico/México)More example sentences1.2 [Botany/Botánica] calabaza (feminine), jícaro (masculine) (Central America, Colombia, Mexico/América Central, Colombia, México)
More example sentences
- The only thing they seem to do more then butchering animals in Uruguay, is drink Mate, a sort of super strong version of green tea that is drunk from a gourd through a silver straw.
- Ancient historical documents describe the use of crude containers, such as gourds, leaves, shells, animal skins, and even human skulls.
- She saw other people further down the river, taking drinks or filling gourds.
- This is connected to a large bamboo teepee with pole beans, gourds and other climbing plants covering it.
- Sometimes pumpkins or gourds are planted instead of squash.
- Other unusual plants include bottle gourds whose beautiful ornamental shapes were used for hundreds of years by native Americans to carry and store water.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.